On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 12:54 PM shian via Freedos-devel
<freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> "What do you mean "the screen flickers"? Do you mean you get a "flash"
> of unstyled content, or something else?"
>
> Looks like it happens because the browser renders overlapping layers, first
> in dark color
> and then in bright color, (maybe because width or height are not declared
> somewhere,
> or because of rendering priorities, etc...)
>
> This flickering exists also in www.freedos.org, exactly the same.
> If you switch between the top menu items quickly then the screen is
> flickering. (on my i3 PC).
> It's not so bad and it doesn't happen each time, but it looks like some
> conflict
> in the css file that can be solved somehow.

Ok, thanks for mentioning that. I can write pages in HTML, but I don't
consider myself an expert in web page design. I think there are a few
possible solutions for this, such as adding a bit of javascript that
forces the browser to finish loading everything before displaying it.
That could fix the "flash" you mentioned.

I'll look into some options. If I can add that to the www.freedos.org
website, I will. Otherwise I'll test some things on the
test.freedos.org after usability testing is done, and apply the fix
after that.

Jim