On Fri, 29 Jul 2022, Ralf Quint wrote:

Well, not having comments to understand what you are doing is pretty tough when you don't have the time to analyze the code line by line. But IIRC, the common way to check for the presence of an ANSI device driver was to check via an INT 2Fh (multiplexer) call (don't recall the exact call value (AX/AH)).

That would only work on MS-DOS 4 or later and I'm not sure NANSI supports it, but according to RBIL, it's INT2F/AX=1A00, return FF in AL.

I'm guessing it's only used internally by MS-DOS in stuff like MODE.COM (though why MODE needs ANSI for anything, I don't understand...).

-uso.