First, fdnpkg contains zlib to handle zip files.

It's version is the 2013 version (1.2.8) while most recent is 1.2.12 (2022).

Maybe the invalid zip sig is linked to that... unsure.

Also, pkginst.c have:

/* validate a filename (8+3, no weird characters, etc). returns 0 on success,

 * nonzero otherwise. */

static int validfilename(char *fname) {

  int i, i2;

  char *validchars = "!#$%&'()-@^_`{}~";

  int elemlen = 0;

  int elemmaxlen = 8; /* switches from 8 to 3 depending wheter I am analyzing

                         a filename or an extension */

  /* look for invalid chars in the entire string, and check the length of the

   * element at the same time */

So yeah... I guess this is linked to the fact that Gitlab insert a directory
name with the name of the project-name of branch at the top of zip file.

This make it invalid... too long.

But also it is unclear it would know that it must look for source not in top,
but in the single directory in top of the archive.

So... maybe should begin to update to latest zlib... then find a way to ignore
first part of paths.

Of course... if I wait one month... the OS installer thing would do a valid
archive ... hopefully (I wanted to early test).

Sent using https://www.zoho.com/mail/

---- Le sam., 03 sept. 2022 16:28:01 -0400 Paul Dufresne via Freedos-devel
<freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> a écrit ----

unzip djgpp.zip in FreeDOS was happy to execute without errors.

funny... the whatin.sh file was the last one inflated.