Hello,

On Mon, 7 Nov 2022 at 10:12, Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Nov 6, 2022 at 9:08 PM Jerome Shidel <jer...@shidel.net> wrote:
> >
> > Make sure your compiling to the correct memory model. (I think huge, but
> you’ll need to double check that)
>
> Default is Small, e.g. "-WmSmall". I assume "-WmCompact" would work
> better for you?

It does. It is the mode I am using.

> > You may need to ensure the actual procedure is declared with far.
> >
> > Procedure Test; far;
> > Begin
> > End;
>
> In old freeware TP 5.5, that would be {$F+} at the top and {$F-} at
> the bottom of the procedure. (I believe all procedures within the same
> unit / file are near while external procedures are far by default.)

I have tried with ALL the program with {$F+}, and no luck, same error.

Besides, the procedures I am assigning are all FAR. What would be the
difference between these two?

{$F+}
Procedure Test;
Begin
End;
{$F-}

Procedure Test; far;
Begin
End;

After all, if you declare a procedure to be far is because you want it to
be called far, right?

> > Also, you may need assign the address to a plain pointer and typecast
> the call.
>
> Is that needed??

Does not help anyway.

> > Also, there are also compiler directives for FPC regarding compatibility.
>
> Default dialect is "fpc", which is less strict than {$mode tp}, e.g.
> it does change function pointer syntax a bit, but it also gives you
> structured return types and function overloading.
>
> {$asmmode intel} is only default for {$mode tp} as well (but you can
> manually enable it, too).

Well, instead of a directive, I tried to compile with and without TP mode
(-MTP), and it did not fix it (in the original mail you can see how the
error changed, but still does not compile).
They are both still too strict. I would really love it if two variables of
the same size could be typecasted without any restriction (the programmer
knows).

> Don't forget you can also declare inline functions! (Like real
> inlining, not just inline machine code.)

I didn't understand this  ¿?

Aitor