Hi all,

There is a minor compatibility difference with the FreeCOM DIR command.

Most of the option switches work like toggles. For example:

dir /w          - shows a wide listing
dir /w /w       - shows a normal listing
dir /w /w /w    - shows a wide listing

This deviates from MS-DOS

dir /w          - shows a wide listing
dir /w /w       - shows a wide listing

To toggle it back off MS-DOS requires the /-w switch and works fine with the
FreeCOM DIR.

When used through an alias like “set alias ls=dir /w” then executing “ls /w” it
produce results different from what is expected.

Not all options perform toggling. For example:

dir /p          - pauses per page
dir /p /p       - pauses per page

I don’t think the toggling is very important. But, it does deviant from MS-DOS.

I do think that consistency across the options is important.

Any thoughts?

:-)

Jerome