On Sun, 19 Feb 2023, Jim Hall wrote:

On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 4:30 PM Steve Nickolas <usots...@buric.co> wrote:
Would it be something not too hard to bang out with a decent C compiler?

I've never written a CD player interface per se, but if all the
information can be retrieved, and all the commands can be executed, why
not?

I haven't written a CD Player either, but I would think it's not too
hard. If you can read the waveform from the CD track file, and send
that to the sound card - that seems like that's all you need to do,
no?

Steve has released SJGPlay as CC0. It's a different programming
language, but maybe you can look at his code to implement a similar
player in C.

It happens to be a language I speak, too, though it does look overengineered compared to what I'd do.

I'll see what I can figure out.

-uso.