Hi,

> On May 12, 2023, at 4:31 PM, Mercury Thirteen via Freedos-devel
> <freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> Nice work!

Thanks. :-)

Earlier today, I finished replacing a bunch of stuff in the interface portion
of Logger. Instead of those parts of the program directly interacting with the
logged data, they now go through the driver’s API. Now, there is nothing in the
interface portion can do that could not be done by a 3rd party program using
the API. This is great for a lot of reasons. First, any future version of the
binary can work with the current or future versions of the driver. It also
means the interface portion does not need to have similar code to the driver
for reading or appending the log. That change along with the removal of ANSI
output reduced the dual purpose binary by approximately 10%, going from 10k
back down to 9k.

I thought about moving the HTML output into a separate program. With all the
CSS strings and character remapping data, it makes up about 1.7k of the of the
binary. But, I really like it. So at least for now, it will remain in the main
executable.

There is really not anything else I want to do for version 1.0. So, over the
next few days I’ll probably do a little more testing, maybe make a couple minor
tweaks and fix any bugs if discovered. Most likely, release version 1.0 on
Friday.

:-)

Jerome