Hi Paul,

> While trying FDOS Live T2308.iso on QEMU under Fedora 38, I get a D: prompt,
> I do setup, format the drive, reboot, but then I get:
> partition signature != 55AA

That message comes from the FreeDOS installed MBR boot code. So the first stage
of the boot process - BIOS loads and executes MBR IPL - works.

Problem is at MBR trying to load and execute the volume boot code. When you
boot into the live CD again, can you access the partition you installed FreeDOS
onto? Are the files there that should have been installed?

Can you please describe how large the QEMU image exactly is (in bytes)? And can
you please provide the output of FDISK /INFO when booting into the live CD?

You can upload a screenshots to
https://nextcloud.iww.rwth-aachen.de/index.php/s/xZD7YbAZTAbT2X2

Greetings, Bernd