Hi Eric,

> On Nov 22, 2023, at 6:30 PM, Eric Auer via Freedos-devel
> <freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>

> Hi developers!
>
> As you may remember, I wrote a rather specialized eyetracking software
> called NEWTRACK *long* ago. It is open source, written in DJGPP GNU C
> and works with dual PCI VGA/VESA graphics. Given that I have no working
> web domain at the moment, would anybody be interested in mirroring it?
>
> The whole directory with docs (PDF and PS.GZ), CWSDMPI and index.html
> is less than one megabyte in size. This software is for eye-tracking
> with eyetrackers with analog output and two simple bit-banged LTC1286
> A/D on the printer port, which also has reaction buttons wired to it.
> Example adapter schematics are included as eps and fig graphics files.
>
> You can imagine that this feels rather "retro" today. Everybody uses
> cameras and image processing instead for tracking eye movements today.
>
> Still the software is interesting, among other things, as example
> for dual PCI (or PCIe) VGA access with VESA on one screen for PCX.
> It has precision timestamping with RDTSC, too :-)
>
> Thank you! Regards, Eric

Sure, I can put put it on my server.

Most likely somewhere under https://fd.lod.bz/redist/

That path contains stuff not in the FreeDOS repos for various reasons. Like
MBRTOOL, that can be freely redistributed. But for license reasons, cannot be
made into a package or provided with the OS.

Just email me a zip with everything in it and I’ll put it up there.

If there is anything else you’d like up there, just let me know.

:-)

Jerome