Hi again,

Have a look at https://gitlab.com/FreeDOS/base/kernel/-/issues/4
which wonders whether there is a bug in CHS/LBA detection/forcing,
risking to call the BIOS with invalid parameters or dividing by 0.

We found out that the problem is something else: Kernels without
FAT32 support will just say "initdisk" and not list any partitions
if you only have FAT32 ones.

Then the kernel will proceed to try to open fdconfig sys, but
because it has not found any C: drive, it will try to read the
config from A: which is extremely counterintuitive.

I suggest that kernels without FAT32 support explicitly mention
any FAT32 partitions they encounter but ignore, to give people
a clue what they are missing.

I also suggest that kernels do NOT try to read the config from
A: when you have booted from C: but there is no C: they notice.
There should be some sort of error message in that scenario.

Thanks! Regards, Eric