Thanks to everyone for joining the FreeDOS virtual get-together today!

We had a small group (probably because of the holidays) but we had a
great conversation about the new website, asking about kernel updates,
updates to the distribution, and our upcoming 30th anniversary on June
29 2024.

Let's wait until after the holidays to figure out when to have our
next virtual get-together. I think we might look at either late
January or early February, and that one should be another "technical"
discussion. I'll ask about it here on the email list after the first
week of January (probably around Jan 7?) so folks will have time to
return from vacations.

A few follow-up items:

1. We experimented with a few things on the new "test" website at
https://test.freedos.org/

The test website currently shows the classic logo (we were
experimenting with it) but I'll change it back to the regular logo we
have been using. Based on the discussion, I'll also update a few links
on the website - biggest changes are to remove the "info box" for the
Slack site and add info boxes for our Facebook group and Mastodon
channel. But overall, this is looking like a pretty solid website.
I'll plan to put it live in the next few weeks.

After the website, I'll put up the new wiki website and transfer the
content. My goal is to move some of the content from the website into
the wiki (any "how-tos" or "technical notes" and the free ebooks).

2. We discussed some changes folks have been making to the kernel, and
asked that those off-list conversations be moved back to the email
list so everyone can see them. So we should see those conversations
popping up again.

3. We talked again about the test release, and focusing the LiveCD to
something you can boot and run FreeDOS without installing it to a hard
disk, but also having all the "core" packages on it so you can install
a working not-minimal FreeDOS from it if you want to install to a
system. The BonusCD should be all the developer packages, "power
tools," etc.

4. The anniversary is coming up in June 2024. I'm trying to finish a
2024 calendar that you can buy (at low cost, if you want it in print)
or download (if you just want the images). I'm trying to finish
grading a bunch of university classes that I teach, so I haven't had
time to finish the calendar - but grades are due soon and the calendar
will follow shortly after.