I noticed over on the BTTR forum, Fritz asked this question about Xcopy
1.5. But freedos-devel is really the best place to discuss FreeDOS
distribution topics, so I wanted to start a thread here to make sure the
question was asked in the right place:

Fritz asked:

*Hi,while searching updates for FDT24xx I noticed that xcopy uses version
1.4.You can find it at:https://gitlab.com/FreeDOS/base/xcopy
<https://gitlab.com/FreeDOS/base/xcopy>history says that the only
difference between 1.4 and 1.4a is that a html file was added.At
https://github.com/FDOS/xcopy <https://github.com/FDOS/xcopy> there is an
unpublished and uncompiled version 1.5., see: history.txt,version
1.4-----------version 1.4a------------- added xcopy.htm Help file, based on
xcopy.txt (Stephan Peters)version 1.5------------ improved Open Watcom
support (utilizes pieces from TCC2WAT), shared.incIn xcopy.txt you can
read:Compiling the source code-------------------------Compiling the source
code is possible with the following compilers:- Borland C++ (tm) 3.0 or
higher- Borland Turbo C++ (tm) 3.0 or higherVersion 1.2 and newer can also
be compiled with the now freeware- Borland Turbo C 2.01 compiler :-)Version
1.5 and newer- Open Watcom C/C++ 1.9/2.0pre (includes portions of
tcc2wat)So my question: Is it useful to implement version 1.5 into the
future FDT24xx versions?*