Jim Hall wrote:
[..]
> > But when I try to build it, it fails in the MAPPER directory with
> > "line too long":

[..]

Robert Riebisch wrote:
> UTF-8 conversion is the culprit:
> https://www.os2museum.com/wp/how-not-to-release-historic-source-code/

Well, that's unfortunate. But at least it's not just me.

Before I saw your reply, I also realized that the source files were
converted to UNIX LF ending (missing CR) so I ran unix2dos on Linux
using 'find' to get all the *.INC and *.ASM files:

unix2dos -f -ascii -437

..but that didn't help.

I'm kind of busy with other things, so I'm not going to throw myself
at this. But please share if they provide a fixed version.