On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Luchezar Georgiev wrote:

> I've now prepared the precompiled kernel binary (OpenWatcom 1.2, FAT32,
> 8086) in ROMDSK this way. (It always contains the latest CVS kernel.)
> Last note: aPack-ed programs can be freely distributed for
> non-commercial purposes, but otherwise require a license (the fee is $29
> for individual users and $95 for companies, see
> http://www.ibsensoftware.com/products_aPACK.html).

i'm a little worried about this -- this may be incompatible with the GPL!

you see even though *we* do distribute kernel.sys non-commercially the
binaries may be redistributed commercially, for instance they end up on
SuSE CDs which are sold for money, may end up in embedded systems end so
on.

So i'll just keep on using UPX.

Bart