Hi!

4-Фев-2004 12:27 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bart Oldeman) wrote to
FreeDOS-kernel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>> very welcome (plus the 1.3 KB saving from aPack ;-) And Borland C++ 5.2
>> is still used by Datalight for their ROM-DOS, so albeit inferior to
>> Watcom, it can't be ignored, can it? The more so as I'm sure it'll
>> follow the fate of Turbo C 2.01 and Turbo C++ 1.0 - will become a part
>> of their museum some day, which means FREE! (Did someone expect that
BO> hmm FREE is quite limited here -- being only redistributable for personal
BO> use. For Bulgaria it seems to make no difference at all anyway.

     Should be worded "_usually_ this make no difference anyway". Also, as
in Russia.

BO> anyway, the main advantage of turbo c 2.01 and c++ 1.01 over watcom is
BO> that these compilers are fast and small.

     Yes, OW isn't too fast (especially in loading). :( Also, TC was (more)
popular, because it was known earlier, than Watcom, and was more "free".

BO> What kind of advantage is there for borland c++ 5.2 then? Does it run on
BO> XTs too (Eric seems to make a big point about that)?

     Its host is only Win32. Moreover, free (as bear) personal edition
doesn't targets to DOS at all.

BO> Is it just as small?

     I think, "Win32" says all about this. :) :( So, because BC5 can't be
counted as BC3 follower, I think, there are no other reasons to switch from
BC3 to BC5 instead OW.