Hi!

14-Фев-2004 00:11 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Eric Auer) wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

EA> Hi, Arkady reminded me that fat32lba boot sector stores fat_secshift at
EA> offset 0x68 of the boot sector, thus overwriting CODE !? This would break
EA> metaboot (generic loader for MetaKern menu entries) compatibility :-(.

     Fortunately (for you), real code change will happen only when sector
size will be not equal to 512.

EA> Please change the code so that no important data is overwritten. Then it

     I already do this. :) This is easy - simply use division instead
shiftings.

EA> will be possible again to have easy MetaKern installation with help of
EA> metaboot EVEN FOR FAT32. Arkady tells that the fat32chs boot sector is even
EA> completely metaboot incompatible -

     Yes - fat_start and data_start placed over code. However, they may be
placed over unused BPB parts, like in fat32lba.