Hi!

13-Мар-2004 20:05 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Eric Auer) wrote to ark:

EA> Sorry, interesting statistics about those compilers, but THAT will not
EA> hit a cluster size multiple very soon anyway. If you want < 3k instead of
EA> 3.9k you better write it all in Asm :-).

     Let me explain: size reduction achieved by substitution of some RTL
parts. These stubs are compiler-specific, but should be written once and
then later may be reused multiple times without any (big) efforts. Just look
at setupio.ib and malloc.inc in BOOTFIX package (and their usage at the end
of bootfix.cpp).

     So, I suggest, if someone better know OW RTL, he may help to write more
such stubs and decrease program size by another 1-2k. And this will not
affect program source itself! No asm will be required to get better (than
default) results.

     About cluster size: on diskette (with cluster=512 bytes) reducing by
1-2k may allow to place another program to diskette. I think, this is good
result (whereas from you, as program author, only required to include some
RTL stubs into package).

PS: tom also wrote talloc.c and some functions (getenv) to decrease SYS
size.