On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Luchezar Georgiev wrote:

> >> But what if it was the first entry in the root directory? Then the
> >> "new_diroff++" in dir_read() will make it -1!
> >
> > remove_lfn_entries() checks for fnp->f_diroff == 0. The first entry can't
> > have any LFN entries connected to it.
>
> Of course! I should have seen that. This is so for lfn_dir_read() too.
>
> I wanted to ask you one more question: chario.c:read_line_handle() calls
> echo_char(LF, sft_idx) - doesn't this write the LF to the file being read?

It writes LF (and any other echo) to the input indeed. But this input can
only be a device with the SFT_CONIN bit set; see dosfns.c. For normal
files read_line_handle isn't called.

This is a difference between int21/a and int21/3f; if you redirect stdout
but leave stdin at the keyboard then the int21/a echo goes into the output
file but the int21/3f output is echoed to the screen.

Bart