hi Bart,

  Bochs has no PCI, so UMBPCI does not work.
  any comments on the original message I posted?

  do you want me to publish a Bochs zipfile including my FreeDOS
configuration,
  so anyone can reproduce my encountered problems?

  unlike VMware, Bochs is completely platform-independent and thus won't be
influenced by
  host processor type and speed for example.

  my problems happen when DOS?=UMB is answered with "Y" ("YES").
  I don't think it's EMM386 making problems, but the FreeDOS kernel.

  Bernd