Hey everyone,

   I'm working on the next release of Edit, 0.82.  One of the bugs I already fixed, but keeps getting reported is the write protection bug (#1781).  However, when I test this on my machine, it works fine.  I don't have a FreeDOS release installed, I'm testing it on an XP machine, so I don't know if that has something to do with it.  If it does, then this might be a bug in the kernel, not recognizing the fact that the disk is write protected.  I also don't know if the reporter of this bug is using FreeDOS, Win9x or XP, or DOSEMU.  Will anyone with any insight or other means of testing please let me know?

Later,

Joe