Hi!

>      Eric, I look at your patch for Bart's MEM - it not fixes anything,
> there only added more diagnostics.

Ah, okay. Then I remembered that wrong. HOWEVER, the extra diagnostics
makes MEM crash in much more useful way than the old "broken memory chain"-
without-further-comments style. Feel free to add your fixes to make MEM
even better. The problem is that you sometimes do have a broken chain, and
then the MEM patch enables MEM to help you in debugging that.

Eric.