Hi!

21-Июл-2004 00:07 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Eric Auer) wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

EA> Hi, I took the effort to grep through the whole 2035 kernel sources,
EA> to find divisions and modulo calculations. Some results:

     For which reasons? What is your purpose?

EA> * for "c = a/b, d = a%b" I found NO places where b can be above 64k,
EA>   but SOME places where c can be above 64k. This means: The big bit-by-bit-
EA>   division loop can be removed (let "division overflow" handle the rest).

     How you plan to "remove bit-by-bit division loop"? First, under Watcom
in kernel is no such loop. Second, you can't affect which code (and calls)
compiler generates (unless you rework source code to something other).