Hi!

21-Июл-2004 20:03 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (tom ehlert) wrote to Eric Auer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>>   For drives beyond lastdrive, get_cds result protects from crashes,
>>   but in between, access to unformatted disks returns nonsense for
>>   int 21.36 and even crashes while trying to do critical error dialog
te> really ?
te> please provide exact code sequence where it DOES return nonsense - and
te> I'll fix it. (we are talking about ke2035 !!)

     Bernd and Eric many times report, that WHICHFAT utility behaves wrongly
under FreeDOS. If you blindly ommit those reports, then this not close the
fact, that this happens.

>> LBA_Get_Drive_Parameters should NOT disable LBA access if heads or
>>   sectors are > 64k
te> As I wrote this:

     WHEN AND WHERE?!

te>     if sectors or heads are > 64K the LBA BIOS is probably buggy.
te>     and IMO it's better to refuse to work with a buggy BIOS then to
te>     try to trash a users disk.

     Hm. May be.

>> or if totalSectHigh is nonzero.
te>     this will be relevant when disk (arrays) are larger then
te>     2 TB (not that far away)
te>     but then we good old partitioning scheme stops to make sense,
te>     and it's better not to touch these disks at all.

     But they is touched (though, through CHS).

te>     there could be some (easy) workarounds for that (my estimate less
te>     then a few hundred resident byte) + understanding dynamic disk
te>     partitioning (non resident code).
te>     until that is done it's a better idea not to touch these disks.

[...]
>>  but should be mentioned in kernel docs (<-> DEVICEHIGH/LOADHIGH).
te> which kernel docs ?

     config.txt?