On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Michael Devore wrote:

> Some way or another, it looks 32RTM is unhappy with what is going on with
> the stack on the call to function 34h.  I don't think the InDOS pointer
> itself is what causes the failure because the exception can occur during or
> immediately after return from the Get InDOS simulate call.

>From your story it sounds that the int21 entry code uses too much
space on the user stack.

The only place I could find in entry.asm where this could be a problem is
in

-----
;
;   end Dos Critical Section 0 thur 7
;
;
dos_crit_sect:
                mov     [_Int21AX],ax       ; needed!
                push    ax                  ; This must be here!!!
                mov     ah,82h              ; re-enrty sake before disk stack
                int     2ah                 ; Calling Server Hook!
                pop     ax
                ret
-----
I don't understand the comments here. Who wrote this code? Does "re-enrty
sake before disk stack" mean that this code has to be executed on the
user stack?

Anyway, one could experiment by commenting out all "call dos_crit_sect"s
in entry.asm.

Bart