Hi!

13-Сен-2004 04:19 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Eric Auer) wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

EA> how to use it that way ;-). In addition, the MS-ish interface allows
EA> "revert to real version number" by passing a value of zero. The extra

     RBIL doesn't says this.

EA> few bytes are really VERY few bytes and they should be in HMA anyway.
EA> By having a "set reported version number" function in the kernel,
EA> programs like CALLVER / SETVER do not have to hook int 21 themselves and

     You already have INT21/33FC. Why to introduce _another_ FreeDOS
specific function (which not present neither in MS-DOS 5-8, DR-DOS, ROM-DOS,
etc)?

PS: BTW, Eric, may you recall URL for your CALLVER? Unfortunately, I lost
it, but it was need me sometime (because I need to run, say, MS-SYS6 under
MS-DOS7).

EA> (SETVER is quite complex and changes the version number dynamically,

     It requres changes in config.sys, and it changes itself. :(