On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Eric Auer wrote:

> http://fd-doc.sourceforge.net/faq/cgi-bin/viewfaq.cgi?faq=incoming/321
> tells: If not ALL buffers fit into HMA, then ALL buffers will be in
> low DOS memory. How hard would it be to put MOST buffers in HMA and
> only the REST in low DOS memory, if many BUFFERS are requested?

downgrade to kernel 2027 or earlier ;) It's an "undocumented" DOS
limitation; other DOSes also have the BUFFERS in one segment, although I
think some may be able able to place them in a UMB rather than the HMA.

I don't see this as a big problem: 38 buffers seems plenty to me and if
you want more buffering there's cache anyway as you know very well (or in
other words I don't know why the poster needed 40 of them).

Bart