Hello!

I am using Freedos (Beta8) for some network booted PC's and now I decided to give Beta9 a try.(I know, never change a running system! ;-))

I was surprised that it didn't worked the way I expected it. Everything went well up to the point where the access to network drives returned "Invalid drive X:.". Something wrong with my drive assignments? Authentication? But even the status query returned that the drives are redirected, only Freedos seemed not to have noticed that.

So I started testing with different kernel versions and found that this broke in the transition between kernel 2.0.26.b and 2.0.27.

I don't know (yet) what the cause exactly is and I have not tested with different networking software. But in history.txt of 2.0.27 for "2002 Aug 3 - Build 2027test" there are some changes noted about redirectors.

Has anybody an idea what might it be? What broke network drive letter support, at least for the software I am using?

For networking I am using Novell LAN Workplace wich provides NFS (originally from Beame & Whiteside Software, Inc.). It's quite old now but works good for me. It works with all commercial DOSes I've tried and worked well with Freedos Beta8.

Have a nice day,
--
Konstantin Münning              ,,,

------------------------------------------------------- The SF.Net email is sponsored by: Beat the post-holiday blues Get a FREE limited edition SourceForge.net t-shirt from ThinkGeek. It's fun and FREE -- well, almost....http://www.thinkgeek.com/sfshirt _______________________________________________ Freedos-kernel mailing list Freedos-kernel@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-kernel