Hi list,

don't know, if this question has been asked on this list and if this is the correct list for this question. I haven't found any results using google etc. The question is: is it possible to trigger the freedos kernel to reread the partition table and reassign drive letters from within a running freedos. The background for this question is in short: I'm developing a network-based installation routine to remotely install XP workstations from scatch. The routine should automatically partition the harddisk of a clean or a crashed system, restore the OS-image to a partition on the harddisk and copy some configuration files to the newly created and restored partition. For now, the workstation needs to be rebootet three times:
-       after partitioning the harddisk using fdisk,
-       after restoring the image to disk and
-       after copying the configuration files.

I would like to do it all in a single step. So, is there a ioctl-call to the kernel, similar to linux, that lets me reread the partition table and that reassigns the DOS drive letters?

Thanks in advance...

--
El