Hi Christian,

>> - handling of floppy before disk is inserted / unformatted partitions

>> - initdisk CHS geometry fix and BSS init fix from RayeR

>> - int 21.1c non-FAT / non-existing drive handling fix from Tom

> If anyone wants to contribute to discussions about this patches
> he can do that now.

I guess I should first re-send the patches somewhere for discussion?

Or should I just upload them to SVN already? The latter is probably
easier, in particular as I do not expect real bugs here anyway...

>>> - Terminating self-owning PSPs (parent PSP field set to the PSP)

Okay okay so paste your diff -u for inthndlr.c and task.c again and
we can discuss it... As usual, minimal patches are preferred :-).

>>> - CALL 5 interface is broken, and probably crashes the system.
>> Note that only CP/M programs use this, software from the seventies.
>
> Yes, and DOS is mainly software from the eighties and nineties ;-)
>
>>> The Assembly code in entry.asm that handles such calls is screwed

Same as above - paste a diff for that one, too. Be aware that the
entry.asm stack layout is sort of critical so I would prefer to get
any type of comment from any of the old experts before sticking the
CP/M-ish call 5 fix into the stable branch. Maybe it could also be
added only to the unstable branch first? I think one of the problems
with your original patch was that it made the stack footprint bigger
so if you can modify your patch to avoid/reduce that side-effect...?

>>> - The seek position (and various other fields) of the SFT isn't declared
>>> as unsigned. Eric reported that the seek function reports errors using
>>> negative return values. This has to be changed so that it can work with
>>> files up to 4 GiB...

Indeed - several functions will have to pass a pointer to an extra
return status argument to work around this complication, but on the
other hand, the patch will still not be very complex, I hope. Maybe
it can also be an alternative to support files up to 3.999 GB and
leave a small range of values reserved for error codes? Also depends
on which of the methods has which impact on kernel size and speed?

>>> since the actual seek operation never returns errors in MS-DOS

I seem to remember this point from an earlier discussion yes...

Eric