> external Country.sys support (including MODE, DISPLAY, NLSFUNC etc)

OK ... I don't need it, nor have an idea how it should work ...

> That FNODES stuff (Bart seems to be working occasionally on this,
> but now based on 2038)

Many commits :-)

> Windows 3.1x support

well ... -> R.I.P.

> What does UDF support do? Enable copying video DVD? or enable packetwriting?

I assume enables reading files from DVD's, since I don't have a DVD
drive, I don't care, also, USB devices are IMHO hevily superior
to Blue/Red/HD/LD-DVD, so no +1 from me here :-| About video DVD,
it reportedly already works with MPLAYER ...

Tom wrote:

> IMHO Windows 3.x is 100% obsolete

Indeed :-)

> so why would anybody want windows 3.x support ?

I don't, so " - infinity " here ;-)

And, it seems to be a GPL violation anyway ;-)

> More a practical issue.. Windows 3.xx and all the software
> written for it is useless without availability of the Enhanced Mode.

But the fine 20 years old "software written for it" is not available either ...
so better focus on running up-to-date free Win32 software with free tools ;-)

> and keep the menu (yes, sorry :-p) to select options
> "run only DOS, do not start the installer"

YES :-)

> or maybe even "no driver minimal mode".

The enabled buggy drivers/TSR's/addons are an annoyance of 1.0 Distro ...

> sys 3.6a is the current version, changes to older versions should be
> considered for maintenance purposes only.
> It is not unstable and it (or newer) will be in the 2039 kernel
> release. The support for other DOSes is compile time selectable so
> those dual booting need only 1 sys program and those who don't want it
> can compile sys without it.  The FreeDOS sys was modified to work with
> DR-DOS and those changes were later folded back into the official
> version; now also as a compile time option to select FD sys or DR sys.

Very good :-)

ibid_ag wrote:

> Clarifications forever and

NO.

> IF they are, you can guarantee that they run DOS.

NO.

> This could mean the same sort of mess I once got in with
> Win98 and FreeDOS (Freedos starts, Windows doesn't-- "I HATE this

Obsolete Win98 has its own bootloader included, no need for FreeDOS :-)

> even that "3.0 worked, 3.1 did not" of the deliberate DR
> DOS incompatibility long ago really hurt DR DOS market...

This was 20 years ago :-D

me: http://sf.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2515662&group_id=5109&atid=105109

> but I think DOS386 misunderstood.

You missunderstood me ?

> The bug is the number of times it takes.

YES. This has been exhaustively discussed my mail, FreeCom
won't get fixed since there is no maintainer, but there is
"/F" switch. ;-)

--