Hi Christian,

Please explain in what way Win 3 uses virtual(?) machine numbers
and why supporting them is needed to get a Win compatible SHARE.

I also wonder what enumerates machines and how in a real network.
MS probable does not use anything fancy like checksum of IP/name?

Regarding the new API thing: More like MS is not the same as
exactly like MS, and as you already said, if MS designed some
weird thing then it is not necessarily good to clone that. As
the MS style hooks manipulate kernel internal data, they do not
make adding 64 bit support any smoother than our current API.

> I forgot to complain about one thing of FreeDOS SHARE in my
> list: Unless the kernel does it itself (even without SHARE),
> multiple open SFTs aren't updated when file information (such
> as file size and first cluster) is changed by one process
> accessing the file.

I think I noticed such code in the kernel already :-) Not sure.

Eric