On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Eric Auer<e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:

> Hi Bart,

>> * New SYS, merged from unstable branch.
>
> I hope it still uses the much faster cached copying :-)
> Could you add a small but useful option to force either
> CHS or LBA mode boot sectors, in particular for FAT32?

I did merge in the improved chunk copying method; however I kept the
conceptually simpler copy as a single operation mode, which means
there are a couple extra disk swaps needed as sys opens both input &
output file, reads in file, then writes file, then closes both input
and output file; and it does this separately for the kernel file(s)
and shell.  I think I will change the order of the file closes, this
should eliminate some disk swapping.  Also I will add the option to
force FAT32 lba/chs mode tonight.

Jeremy