On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 07:10, Luchezar Georgiev wrote:
> > No way they would release it as open source, as JPsoft has other
> > products based on the 4DOS code.
>
> Everything will eventually be open-source, the question if whether we'll
> live to see it or not ;-)

The source for a great many things has been lost for programs that are
no-longer commercially viable.  Maybe in the future this will not be the
case, but I see lot of worry over trade secrets being given away.  It
will take a great change in buisness since I see companies that are I.P.
(patents, copyrights) only pushing for greater protection.

I only have seen a few progressive companies release code (like ID
software and a few others) for their non-commercially viable products.

Regards,
Paul