The PC's that Dell sells are blank systems, and there's a FreeDOS install CDROM included in the box. I understand that Dell supports that distro of FreeDOS running on that Dell PC, so you could call Dell Support if you run into problems running FreeDOS on it.

define 'supported' and 'running on pc':
Dell: "we support FreeDOS running on our computers in the following sense: boot from the cd, press ENTER to load the FreeDOS image, and in the menu press F5. Any other configuration than this standard configuration is not supported"

if they provide complete sources they'll also provide sources to CDRECORD package (mkisofs.exe) and SYSLINUX package (isolinux.bin, memdisk)

having an Embedded FreeDOS into BIOS would be easiest, but then they would have to use 128KB of flash space for both the kernel and FreeCOM.
'press CTRL-F to boot the embedded FreeDOS, or wait 2 seconds to boot another operating system (if present) from another medium'

Nice though that they selected FreeDOS, as Linux was also an option. However that might be harder to support.

Bernd

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: YOU BE THE JUDGE. Be one of 170 Project Admins to receive an Apple iPod Mini FREE for your judgement on who ports your project to Linux PPC the best. Sponsored by IBM. Deadline: Sept. 24. Go here: http://sf.net/ppc_contest.php _______________________________________________ Freedos-user mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-user