Hi!

6-Ноя-2004 22:32 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jondavey) wrote to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

J> I was thinking today, something that confuses me is; when I want to edit a
J> text file I would invoke/call a text editor but when I want to use DOS I
J> envoke a DOS prompt. What program is the DOS prompt?

     Shell gives you prompt to enter commands (which it will run). In MS-DOS
this is command.com, in FreeDOS this is FreeCOM.

J> and can I edit text at the command line without calling an editor?.

     Strange question. To "edit text" you _should_ use "text editor", shell
only allows to enter commands. But, _if yo mean_ "can I edit command line,
which entered into prompt" - then yes, you can. At least, you may use
Backspace to remove previously entered characters, but (most) shells allows
you even more features (for example, FreeCOM allows to use arrow keys).