Hi Fox, I re-uploaded EDIT 0.7b with two small changes:
You can now press ALT and then cursor-down to open the File menu.
Just an alias to ALT followed by ENTER. Recommended style is
still pressing ALT-F.
Second modification is that /R (read-only / viewer mode) now
disables the DOS shell menu item. If you know other ways to
cause troubles from within an EDIT /R session, let me know (except
from being able to edit and save the configuration: You can block
that by making the config file read-only, simple...).

Eric

The file is again at
http://www.coli.uni-sb.de/~eric/stuff/soft/by-others/edit07b.zip
and the current version has the md5sum ad4acba9019d115367efa59407a4635d.