Kenneth J. Davis wrote:

Tom Lee Mullins wrote:

"

Hello All,
        I am trying to complie the freecom source using all the tools
given by them on the site but i am receiving the error..
no such command or file as "make"

i have turboc 1.01 and nasm and all the things given by the site..
i also have installed the latest freedos on my hard disk..
Please help
thanking you
Maulik

Is his config.mak setup with the proper paths? It may help to ensure the borland tools are also in the PATH environment variable.

Also, is he using the source straight from cvs or from the archive at fdos.org? (Depending on the branch) the source as is in cvs will not compile, at minimal you need the suppl library and a dummy file (or minimal implementation) as it appears to have not been committed -- I forget which, but check out the patch file included in the source archive of FreeCom on fdos.org/kernel/ [it also contains some additional fixes, so I recommend it over straight cvs source using the head branch]

(if he needs further help, you may want to suggest the FreeCom mailing list, FreeDOS-FreeCom)

Jeremy

Thank you for the reply. I have forwarded it to the freedos group.

--

TomLeeM