Hi, I think by "as if they were IDE drives", you mean that there
is INT13 support. Actually INT13 is the only cached interface.
The others may be present at the same time, but the cache does
not touch them. DOS does not normally use them either, unless you
use a driver like ASPIDISK to create a drive letter for some
SCSI/ASPI-only disk which has no INT13 support.

Funny that you write that it is GOOD that a good RAID controller
looks like a single disk to the system while at the same time
you write that it is GOOD that Windows uses it's own drivers instead
of the ones provided with the hardware (e.g. in the BIOS)...

Anyway, you did not really make a statement about whether and when
SATA or RAID systems need the TUNS option... TUNS is meant for
SCSI systems, but again, LBACACHE always uses the INT13 interface.
It is only that the INT13 interface somehow requires the stack to
be in low memory (reason unknown) if INT13 services are provided
by a SCSI BIOS.

My idea was that SATA or RAID could also have their own specific
BIOS extensions which might as well need the TUNS option. But as
I do not have such hardware, I cannot tell. Asking the users out
there to tell me, for that reason.

Eric