Eric Auer wrote:

2. FDISK /CLEARALL 1
3. FDISK /MBR
4. FDISK /PRI:2000

That would be dangerous, I think. The bug report was just "it does
not boot after fdisk and sys", not "I want to kill all my data".
The solution FDISK /MBR will already be enough.

He's testing on a new server, that's soon going to be rebuilt. I think this is a more concise series of steps. I made it clear in my post that "all data will be lost".

If you use a multitasking operating system, then the kernel controls the
network drivers, and it will be able to give several programs at the same
time access to the network, by managing connection queues and whatnot.

That's the one! You explained it much better:)

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)