On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 19:35 -0700, Charlie Wilkes wrote:
> It is called Fly and I love it.  You can use 16-color
> .bmps of your own design for icons or style elements,
> enabling unlimited creative possibilities.  You can
> have as many as 65,000 linkable desktops.
>
> I ran across this in comp.os.msdos.misc in the
> developer's .sig file.  Here is the link for
> information and download:
>
> www.cml55uk.12freeukisp.co.uk/
>
> Sources are there as well.  This appears to be an
> informally distributed product with no coherent
> license that I can see.
>
> I've got a screenshot at my own web page:
>
> www.geocities.com/wilkes_charlie/dosbox.htm
>
> I took advantage of the flexibility to make oversized
> icons and ditch the text, for a kindergarten toy-box
> effect.

"""""""""""""""""""
In view of severe security risks associated with the Arachne DOS GUI web
browser and LSPPP (specifically version 1.01) we have withdrawn the web
pages previously available here.

We are migrating all users away from both of these packages as a matter
of high priority.

In the interim, any DOS users wishing to browse the WWW are suggested to
utilise alternatives other than Arachne post version 1.7x and/or LSPPP
post version 1.0.

As an alternative, you might like to consider a Linux based system such
as Dynebolic which offers secure web browsing via a read-only bootable
CD that, unlike Arachne, further supports Java via the included Firefox
browser.

Such separation of web browser from other desktop programs and personal
data greatly enhances security against stealth and trogan like virii.

In light of this is fly still available ??

CWSIV