Hi, option 2 should never be used. Actually it should
not even be created at install time...

The EMM386 I=B000-B7FF I=DC00-EBFF I=C800-C8FF options mean
"assume that you have only 32k of VGA BIOS, hardly any other
BIOS beyond a 64k system BIOS, and that you never use mono
text or Hercules graphics modes. Based on that assumption,
create big amounts of USB space which you do not need anyway"

In short, you should only use EMM386 with the X=TEST option
and never with I=... options unless you know your system
very well and know what you are doing and really long for
those extra kilobytes of UMB memory.

Sorry for the rant, but at least it also contains an easy
method to fix your problem :-).

Eric