Andre Tertling schreef:
If there is a CDROM present (that means loading of XCDROM and SHSUCDX were successful) but there is no disk in the drive, processing of my batch file stops with an error message and the usual "Abort, Retry, Fail?". If I pick "Fail" here, complete havoc occurs (I didn't have the time to find out if this is on behalf of FreeDOS or a result of something in my batch file), and the screen fills with all kinds of extended ascii chars, nicely accompanied by lots of BEEPs from my PC speaker ;) To cut a long story short: How can I check if there is a CDROM in the drive without any user interaction? Everything that can be executed under plain FreeDOS is okay, a short piece of asm code is okay, too. I have Turbo Pascal 7 as well, if that helps :)
I'd have to check how I implemented it, but COMMAND /F auto-defaults to "fail" if you get the infamous message.
Any suggestion will be helpful, thanks in advance!
Bernd