BIAF wrote:

Have you tried the single 1.44mb image of freeDOS, works a treat for me :

http://fdos.org/ripcord/beta9sr2/fdos1440.img

and is your hard disk new you said? maybe it needs a FreedDOS format?

BIAF,

BIAF wrote:

Hi,

This is just a maybe but does your drive 'only' support Xmode/2 (Old
Drives
Mainly) then try buring this nero image to a cd, as I found the .iso one
having empty folders after burn and no able to change dir etc,

http://omalogic.com/freedos/fdb9sr2-x2mode.nri

Hope this helps,
BIAF

Hello!

I have problems installing the new FreeDOS Beta9 Service Release #2 on
my old 486 SL with 4mb RAM. I've been using FreeDOS on the computer
before, so i figured that there wouldn't be any problems installing SR2
on it. As the drive was already formatted since before, i didn't format
the harddrive before beginning the installation. I have no CD-rom drive,
so i have to use the disksets provided on you site.

The problem is that it halts when trying to run textinstall.exe.. It
complains about that i can't find the file and then aborts the
installation. I've checked the disks one and two times and they are
valid. I've also tried to use clean, new floppies to write the images
to, but same result.

Has anyone managed to install the SR2 from the diskset, and if so, did
you have any problems? Would be great if you could help med get this
working..

Thanks!

Hi!
Im using the floppies distribution for installing, since i havent got a
cd-rom for the computer i use. It's one of those slimmed desktop
computers... I've been using the cd-rom iso though, on another computer,
and that worked far more smooth than the floppy install does :P

Thanks anyway!
/Magnus

No, im running the freedos bootfloppie in the floppies directory, i think the image is called FDB9BOOT01.img something... I might as well try the single image that you suggested.. Ill do so tomorrow.. My harddrive isnt new, i just formatted it when i put my computer away, the idea was to use the drive in another computer, but i never did. I've been trying to format using the ODIN disk of the previous release, and there was no change.. :(