I have noted that FD will not read a diskette formatted by MAXELL
immediately after booting. Once it reads a good diskette it will then read
the MAXELL. Checking the boot sector of MAXELL disks I found that the code
for "valid boot record" is not present. Diskettes by other manufacturers do
have this code. MSDOS and DRDOS will read these disks ok.
George Frothingham