>      In Japhet' source, I see _at least_ one important change: you eliminate
> "retf 2", but forgot "ret 2" in NEW15 (where you explicitly STI before
> exit). This not need any demonstrations.
>
>      But I agreed, that there not enough explanations what changed. For
> example, I see, that eliminated call to INT 67/3F - but no commented why.
> Also, I not see explanation, if move reading keyboard port after checking
> Ctrl/Alt status is optimization or have some additional impact.

Sorry, I totally forgot these things. The keyboard port reading modification
is a qemu-related optimization, since reading the keyboard port
"unnecessarily" should be avoided there (apparently gives problems with
extended keys). And the New15 modification does at least not hurt, I thought
it was just forgotten by Mr. Devore. The int 67h/3fh deletion was something I
didn't intend to make public, I deactivated it because I don't like this
feature.

Yes, I played a bit with the source and didn't use the original v2.21 one when
implementing the bugfix, but for the 2-3 users which might be interested in
the binary ...