Eric Auer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 08/04/2006 04:04:33 PM:

# > to merge its CONFIG.SYS into FDCONFIG.SYS.  After that, I issued
# > "del config.sys", and received:
# >
# > Invalid Opcode at 5B00 1118 0292 147C 1482 3A43 435C 4EF4 4946 2E47
5953
# > 0053 0000
#
# Possibly because you had DOSLFN loaded and that somehow
# breaks DEL?

I did indeed have DOSLFN loaded... but FWIW I was unable to reproduce this
on a later test.

# > C:\>net view
# > Bad command or filename - "net".
#
# There seems to be a problem in finding binaries
# in the path, in particular related to the root
# directory, but Blair is the expert on that. It
# relates to some update which alledgedly allows
# LFN in the PATH...

Sounds like it; for the time being I have replaced COMMAND.COM and life
is good.

Now if I could just figure out why my network sharing won't talk :(