At 06:50 PM 8/21/2006 +0200, Norbert Remmel wrote:
> > AT> That's just another way to solve the problem :D
> > AT> SCNR ;)
> >
> >      What is SCNR?
>
>Don't know either.
>But he is right... Cutting my head off would really solve the problem. :-)
>
>BTW. Who will go on developping himem/emm386?
>Is it really true Michael is stopping his memory management application
>for freedos? :-(

Well, first of all it isn't my application, it has many other hands in it,
at least some of them still active.  Second, I've finished up the feature
set I'm interested in and am tired of working on it.  That's the kiss of
death for programming progress, since the maintainer needs to keep active
and interested for success.  (The gap appears to be getting filled, so that
may be excellent news).  Third, the last 2.x version of EMM386 is quite
stable for most tested environments I know of, although I know your's is
still having problems.

I try to never leave people who depend on my work hanging.  So even if I'm
off list soon, if you continue to have problems with EMM386 that I can help
with and -- the big if -- if I can duplicate the problem, I'll see what I
can do about fixing it and e-mailing the fixes back to a few of the people
here.  Someone will have to take over integrating the revisions for public
consumption, but that too, I think can be handled by people here without
too much stress and complexity.