I noticed that CWSDPMI does not work properly under older versions
of QEMU (a PC emulator). The symptom is that programs using CWSDPMI
will crash immediately with a "Page Fault" error message.

This problem is fixed in QEMU version 0.8.2. Earlier versions of
QEMU did not correctly update the flags register during TSS jumps [1].
Unfortunately the QEMU changelog does not mention this issue.

The same problem was previously reported by others, and is apparently
the reason why CWSDPMI was silently replaced with HDPMI32 in the
FreeDOS 1.0 distribution [2].
Since it now appears that the problem is completely due to a bug in
QEMU, which has since been fixed, we may consider putting back the
"real" CWSDPMI in the next release.

I should mention that Eric Auer repeatedly encouraged me to look into
this issue. Without that, I would simply have given up on CWSDPMI.

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2006-06/msg00331.html
[2] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=36793969

Bye,
  Joris.