> Eric: hi, the dns on 192... can actually work - many routers/ adsl/cable
> modems can act as
dns proxy, so using them as the "dns server" can be okay.

I don't think my router could be configured to act as dns proxy and use my isp
dns servers:

http://www.linksysdata.com/ui/BEFSX41/1.44.13/34_DDNS.htm

http://www.linksysdata.com/ui/BEFSX41/1.52.5/Setup-DDNS.htm

The easiest solution is to enter isp dns server addresses manually in Arachne.
In my case
this resolved all Arachne connectivity problems. The router is Linksys BEFSX41,
firmware
v1.45.7.

Lester

Ref. original message: