On 6/8/07, Jim Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks to all of the Arachne users (especially Udo!) and other web
> testers who helped with the new FreeDOS web design.  The new design
> doesn't differ all that much from the old one, but has a cleaner look.
>  More importantly, the new design looks much better under Arachne
> (some differences: Arachne doesn't support absolute positioning of the
> linkList, and doesn't display the background images.)

I tested the new site with Lynx and it's quite usable with text only browsers
as well.

> I hope you like it.

I do :) I'd also suggest a little animated .gif  (
http://stegozor.googlepages.com/ani-arac-mod.gif ) with a link pointing to
http://www.cisnet.com/glennmcc/ . There are plenty of Firefox logos everywhere,
so why not advertising for Arachne a little bit? ;)

The original gif is at http://www.cisnet.com/glennmcc/images/ani-arac.gif , I
modified it with Glenn's permission, using the GIMP. In fact, I just deleted
"Linux" and centered "DOS".
Glenn suggested that it might be possible to use the unmodified version as
there is a very good possibility that the Linux version could be coming back to
life. For more information, please see:

So, maybe you could use the modified version as long as there's only a DOS
version, and if, hopefully, the GNU/Linux version is released, you could switch
to the original one.